From: Michael Olds [mailto:MikeOlds@pacbell.net]
Sent: Saturday, October 12, 2002 10:44 AM
To: Michael Olds; Torsten Wolny; Debian-User@Lists. Debian. Org
Subject: RE: Kernel Panic was: System is too Big; son of make menuconfig

update not very much:

I did find out how to reboot, by pressing the reset button on the box. Then
I tried using the boot floppy, which ended up in the same place (using, as
the book says: ctrl or shift did not bring me to an option where I could
insert root=/dev/hda7). I also tried a previous boot floppy which it could
not even start to read because of an invalid compression format???How can
this be it came from the previous setup? And I used the installation cd
which did allow me to pass the root=, but ended up giving me a million
errors on the way to stalling out at "beginning run level 2 and ending at
starting syslogd."

I really don't mind if I have hosed the system, I had a fair up time this go
round, but if I can get back to the old system or correctly get to the new
kernel, I would like to know how.

Best Wishes!
Mike Olds www.buddhadust.org