Re: Postfix with Cyrus Help

nate wrote:

Curtis Vaughan said:

BTW, when I start imapd (/usr/sbin/imapd start or reload) I get: * OK
Pacifica Cyrus IMAP4 v1.5.19 server ready

you need to configure inetd or xinetd whichever you use to load it,
the cyrus package should of configured inetd for you when it installed
the package..is there a line that has the cyrus stuff in it in
/etc/inetd.conf? is inetd running? if so kill -HUP the pid of inetd,
an easy way maybe something like kill -HUP `pidof inetd`

(note the back quotes, they aren't forward quotes)

nate
Apparently inetd and no xinetd. So, I am making the correct changes.
A cyrus line was automatically configured in inetd.conf.
I have kill inetd and tried a hundred times, but still the same errors.
Basically, it looks to me like it can't authenticate anyone. I have not set this computer up for any other form of authentication.

By the way, when I look at running processes, should I see 2 inetds as shown below?

Pacifica:/etc/postfix# ps ax | grep inetd
 188 ?        S      0:00 /usr/sbin/inetd
13228 ?        S      0:00 inetd

Thanks for all your assistance so far.

Curtis