Re: What's the best music sharing/downloading software for linux

On Sat, 12 Oct 2002 13:01:47 +0200
Mathias De Belder <Mathias.DeBelder@advalvas.be> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 01:44:08PM -0700, Mr. PC REPAIR wrote:
> >   I wonder is there is any good mp3, video... sharing
> > program "like kaZa, morpheous etc.." for linux. If it
> > exists where can i get it.
>

> I've heard pretty good things about edonkey. The core of edonkey is
> closed source, but the GUI has recently been opensourced. You can get
> more information over at <http://ed2k-gtk-gui.sourceforge.net/>
>
> And as others have already pointed out: giFT is a project that's just
> starting out, you should keep your eye on that one too for the future.
>
> --
> Mathias De Belder

e-donkey and it's clones seem to work pretty good.Just remember that you
will need a lot of disk space in the partition e-donkey is on and give
it some time to start-up. Also if you go for mldonkey stick with the
latest version - it has the newest server list and there seems to be a
buffer overflow bug in some of the older versions.

Prost,

Klaus