Re: Printing

lameth said:

> I tried lpoptions -d epson (which is what I named my printer). Is there
> a dpkg-reconfigure <whatever> that will do a system wide configuration
> for all my programs to us the printer I just installed?

I've had this problem too, I traced it down to /etc/printcap,
in /etc/cups there is a config file(forgot the name, too lazy to look)
that has an option for printcap, I think the default is /etc/printcap.cups
either change that option to /etc/printcap and restart cups(reccomended)
or make a symlink or copy the file over. then other programs should
start working.

at least it does for me. I have printed from opera, mozilla, staroffice,
acroread..

nate