Re: wysiwyg html editor

> David Pastern wrote:
>>
>> >Subject: wysiwyg html editor
>> >Hello,
>> >I'm looking for a wysiwyg html editor. I've tried several ones
>> but
>> none really cortresponds to my needs:
>> >mozilla / netscape composer: does not handle frameset
>>
>> Well...what's wrong with using VI?  Hell I used notepad to do all
>> of my website (and I was a newbie to html/webdesign).  Best way to
>> learn if you ask me.  All these wysiwyg html editors make you dumb
>> imho.  Yes i've had a look at adobe go-live, microsoft visual
>> studio, dreamweaver and none of them really impressed me to say
>> the least.
>>
>> I'm not really aware of any linux wysiwyg html editors out
>> there...but then i'm newish to linux so...others on the list may
>> be aware...
>>
>> A good site to learn basic html is:
>>
>> www.htmlgoodies.com
>
> I've tried doing html manually, but the main problem i've had
> is visuallizing how tables within tables ends up looking. Is
> there a trick to this? Is it just a matter of previewing the
> page after every few edits?
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for a wysiwyg html editor. I've tried several ones but
> none really cortresponds to my needs:
>
> Any suggestions?

Here's my earlier reply which I failed to send to the list but sent to
you directly. The short answer is, yes, keep a browser open and hit
refresh after changing (and saving the changes) the file.

I suggest your favorite text editor in an xterm along with your
favorite web browser alongside with frequent use of the "refresh"
button.

WYSIWYG HTML editors all seem to have one flaw that most consider
fatal. The size of the code generated is usually about 3 to 5 times
larger than what is actually needed to create the same page by hand.
This is a big drawback when trying to create neat, fast-loading pages.