Installing debian with HPT370 IDE raid

I downloaded the iso images of debian 3.0 r0. I tried to install it on my
computer, but the installer doesn't detect my HPT370 on-board raid. I tried to
download the drivers from the HPT370 website, but the installer didn't like
them, something about there not being a boot/ directory on the disk. I've been
looking online for solutions, but all I can find is to install debian with the
hard drive on the regular IDE channel, then move it over to the raid after
installing debian. I've never had a linux distro not detect the HPT370, does
debian use a more trim kernel for installation? I don't see why they would
leave modules out of the kernel when installing from a cd, seems to me there
would be plenty of room for that stuff

thank

erik

This mail sent via toadmail.com, web e-mail @ ToadNet - want to go fast?