Re: Automating IMAP email maintenance

On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 06:06, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:
> If I remember correctly, Cyrus uses the Maildir format. If you want to
> do backups, try archivemail ('apt-get install archivemail') -- I use it
> to back up my folders that have mailing lists (including this one!) each
> night on a cronjob. (Prevents the message count from getting so large I
> can't load the folder in a reasonable amount of time!)

Cyrus doesn't use maildir. It uses something that kinda looks like
maildir. Regular users can't even read the files in the Cyrus mail
spool.

Worse, running a non-cyrus-aware program on a Cyrus mail spool is a Very
Bad Idea unless you understand Cyrus administration well enough to know
how to fix the bullet hole in your foot.

--
Dave Carrigan
Seattle, WA, USA