Re: Automating IMAP email maintenance

Andy Saxena wrote:
Hi,

I use Cyrus as my IMAP server. When I transfer email from my ISP to
Cyrus I use a procmail recipe. Before any of the procmail rules are
applies I backup all email into a backup folder. I would like to be able
to run a cron job to automatically delete messages from this backup
folder.
Any pointers on how I could do this? Google did not reveal too
much information of interest. I'd be happy to read the documention if
somebody could point me the right direction.

One way to do it would be to use the libmail-imapclient-perl package to write a program that does it.

The documentation may be a little sparse. You could end up learning Perl *and* reading an RFC! :-)