Re: Unsubscribe DOES NOT work!

Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 11:06:19 -0400
From: Kurt Meyers <kmeyers1@starpower.net>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org

Why is it impossible to unsubscribe to this list? I know this is not the correct way,
but I have tried the correct way many times and it DOES NOT work!

Kurt Meyers
kmeyers@alum.rpi.edu

Looking at your headers, you are sending from <kmeyers1@starpower.net> but have reply-to set to <kmeyers@alum.rpi.edu>. You need to make sure you are sending the unsubscribe from the address that is subscribed, so if you have <kmeyers@alum.rpi.edu> subscribed you will need to send from that address, or you may be able to send a message from a different address that explicitly asks to have <kmeyers@alum.rpi.edu> unsubscribed. I _think_ this can be done by sending a message like this:

To: debian-user-request@lists.debian.org

If this doesn't work there is also David's suggestion of using the web interface.

HTH
Barney