Re: MUA that supports MH-folders?

Gerald Livingston <debuser@sysmatrix.net> writes:

> Jens Grivolla <j-news2002-10@grivolla.de> wrote:
> > I have been using sylpheed but would like to change because of a few
> > small inconveniences (e.g. no freely editable "From:", seemingly
> > messed up line wrap in sylpheed claws, ...)
> >
> > However, I have been unable to import my Folders into any of the MUAs
> > that claim to support MH (such as balsa, tkrat, ...) except exmh.  My
> > .mh_profile seems to be ok.
>
> Sylpheed doesn't create the ".mh_sequences" in each MH folder that is
> required by many MUA's. I discovered this when trying to access my
> folders from remote via ssh/mutt. I just went in each folder and did a
> "touch .mh_sequences" and mutt found them fine.

Ok, I'm going to check that.

> Also, in Sylpheed, just create a "local" account for each address that
> you use. You can then select which account (address) the mail gets sent
> from.

That's what I do, but there's way too many of them.  However I now
found out that there are quite a few patches around that add important
functionality such as "unlimited 'From:'".

> My gripe is that you cannot associate an account to a specific
> folder. Pegasus mail for Windoze let's you assosciate each from address
> you have created to a folder so replying from that folder uses the
> correct address (which can be changed from a drop-down).

Haven't seen that in Sylpheed, but there might be a patch.
Choosing the correct account for replies based on the header of the
original message seems to work quite nicely though.

Bye,
   Jens