Re: MUA that supports MH-folders?

On 10 Oct 2002 00:01:46 +0200
Jens Grivolla <j-news2002-10@grivolla.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have been using sylpheed but would like to change because of a few
> small inconveniences (e.g. no freely editable "From:", seemingly
> messed up line wrap in sylpheed claws, ...)
>
> However, I have been unable to import my Folders into any of the MUAs
> that claim to support MH (such as balsa, tkrat, ...) except exmh.  My
> .mh_profile seems to be ok.
>
> I googled around, but nobody seems to have any problems.  What am I
> doing wrong?  All I want is to say "start from here and import the
> entire hierarchy".
>
> Thanks for any hints.
>
> Bye,
>    Jens

Sylpheed doesn't create the ".mh_sequences" in each MH folder that is
required by many MUA's. I discovered this when trying to access my
folders from remote via ssh/mutt. I just went in each folder and did a
"touch .mh_sequences" and mutt found them fine.

Also, in Sylpheed, just create a "local" account for each address that
you use. You can then select which account (address) the mail gets sent
from. My gripe is that you cannot associate an account to a specific
folder. Pegasus mail for Windoze let's you assosciate each from address
you have created to a folder so replying from that folder uses the
correct address (which can be changed from a drop-down).

gvl2 (Gerald)
AirBall the Rolling Basket Case (1969 Standard Beetle)
LifeSaver (1974 Bay Window Bus)
http://www.phorce1.com