Re: strange apt-get upgrade issue

At 17:54 9/10/2002 +0800, Crispin Wellington wrote:
On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 08:16, Chris McCormick wrote:
> >So your package system has libc6 marked as installed but /lib/libc.so.6
> >is not there. Is that correct?
>
> No, it has /lib/libc.so.6 but it's just a previous version.
>
> I guess this problem is going to be the dpkg race condition that Colin was
> talking about.

The million dollar question is why is this race condition affecting you,
now, when it didn't before, nor does it seem to be affecting any other
potato users atm. What triggers this?

I wish I knew the answer to that because then I wouldn't have to do a time-costly upgrade.

Chris.

Chris McCormick - Systems Developer - PerthWeb Pty Ltd
Internet Solutions for your business!
Level 9/105 St George's Tc - Perth - Western Australia
Ph: (08) 9226 1366 Fax: (08) 9226 1375
Visit Perth online! : www.perthweb.com.au
PGP Key = http://www.perthweb.com.au/~chris/public.txt