RE: 'unhandled exception' running Wordperfect on Woody??

CRO said:

> I guess that there must be some other library installed on my system that
> Wordperfect can't deal with. Is there some way to find out specifically
> what is causing the crash?? Or is this clear in the error message I
> posted earlier, and I am just too dense to see it??

you can run strace on the process but that may not help a whole
lot. If it works on the other debian systems I would do

dpkg --get-selections >/tmp/selections

for both systems and compare the results with diff, to see what
the differences are.

last time I tried corel wordperfect office 2000 I had similar problems
so I didn't bother. it's a real piece of shit(the app is good but
how it was ported was horrid). It even ran like crap on my potato
systems over 2 years ago. I made the mistake of typing some documents
in it back when I had potato so to retrieve them I installed corel
linux in vmware and WPO2000 on top of that and exported them to PDF.

Staroffice is slow, and has some bugs, but in my experience it is
the most solid office suite for linux all-around, with SO5.2 being
a bit more solid then SO6.0. Applixware, WPO2000, and others have
nice bells & whistles but did not work well(or at all) on my systems.
I am happy that staroffice just loads and doesn't crash in simple
operations like converting to PDF like WPO2000 did for me(though
for some reason exproting to PDF in corel linux worked fine).

nate