Re: browsing MIME type application/gzip files

    "Alan" == Alan Graham <alang@bigpond.net.au> writes:

    Alan> Greetings, hopefully a quick & easy one.  I am having
    Alan> trouble viewing gzipped files - typically those in
    Alan> /usr/share/doc (MIME type application/gzip files) through
    Alan> either galeon or nautilus.

    Alan> Any hints on the correct setup would be appreciated.  I have
    Alan> not found any answers looking through the archives or
    Alan> bug-lists.

If you are looking for the correct set up with galeon/nautlilus then
my answer below is not relevant.

Personally, I used lynx from a xterm. It works great. Or I simply use
my (always) running XEmacs to load the file; the crypt package unzips
them for me on load. I'm just old fashioned I guess.....

Cheers!
Shyamal