Re: eliminate subwords in dpkg --search?

    Marcel> At 15:41 08.10.2002, Claudio Bley wrote:
    >> On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 15:09, Marcel Fehr wrote: > And is it
    >> possible to shapen the scope so that it looks > into all
    >> available packages on the installation medium rather > into the
    >> installed ones only?  Would avoid to check >
    >> http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages#search_contents all the
    >> times :).
    >>
    >> Just install apt-file. Then just run 'apt-file search cu' (make
    >> sure you ran 'apt-file update' at least once before).

    Marcel> it look's like 'apt-file search' is the more powerfull
    Marcel> tool for searching into the packages. Thanks for that
    Marcel> pointer (it's not yet covered by the dwarfs guide :(.

    Marcel> But unfortunaly I ran into a bug which is still pending
    Marcel> (see [1]).  Any known workarounds so far?

    Marcel> [1]
    Marcel> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=161393&repeatmerged=yes

I don't know of any workarounds, unfortunately. I never run into this
bug myself until now. I'm using apt-file_0.2.5 on a up to date Sarge
machine.

--
Claudio Bley                                 ASCII ribbon campaign (")
Debian GNU/Linux advocate                     - against HTML email  X