Re: eliminate subwords in dpkg --search?

At 15:41 08.10.2002, Claudio Bley wrote:
On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 15:09, Marcel Fehr wrote:
> And is it possible to shapen the scope so that it looks
> into all available packages on the installation medium rather
> into the installed ones only?  Would avoid to check
> http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages#search_contents all the times :).

Just install apt-file. Then just run 'apt-file search cu' (make sure you
ran 'apt-file update' at least once before).

it look's like 'apt-file search' is the more powerfull tool for searching
into the packages. Thanks for that pointer (it's not yet covered by the
dwarfs guide :(.

But unfortunaly I ran into a bug which is still pending (see [1]).
Any known workarounds so far?

greetings, Marcel

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=161393&repeatmerged=yes