Re: getmail replacement

On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 16:51, Brooks R. Robinson wrote:
> Greetings,
> 	My I.T. cohort wants to switch our email system around (mostly to start
> filtering spam).  He's nervous about doing any kind of linux implementation
> because he's mostly a Microsoft junky and feels "safe" with those sorts of
> products.  He wants to go to a maildrop or a domain mail set up where
> everything goes to one mailbox and gets sorted from there.  I said, "OK,
> I'll look into it".
> 	Well, I tried fetchmail, and I don't like how it loops things though the
> MTA.

Did you notice the -mda option of fetchmail?

'man fetchmail':

       -m <command>, --mda <command>
              (Keyword:  mda)  You can force mail to be passed to an MDA
              directly (rather than forwarded to port 25) with the  -mda
              or  -m option.  To avoid losing mail, use this option only
              with MDAs like procmail or sendmail [...]

> I would prefer something that is already debified, but I would say no
> to something that fits my needs that wasn't.

I guess you meant you "would *not* say no" to something not debianized,
right?

--
Claudio Bley                                 ASCII ribbon campaign (")
Debian GNU/Linux advocate                     - against HTML email  X