Re: ow can I reliably find a given .deb?

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 12:55:33PM -0400, stan wrote:
> I find myslef in the position of trying to install isag from testing on a
> machine that is in sevice, and I don;t want to take a chance on messing up.
>
> The problem is that it's a Progeny machine, and therfore it's gotten quite
> a bit out of date.
>
> So, I'm tying to find out wher to manually get isag.deb. So far I'v spent
> quite some time looking at fttp/http debian sites without triping over it.

'dpkg -p isag' on a woody box says, among other things:

  Filename: pool/main/s/sysstat/isag_4.0.4-1_all.deb

So that's the directory. This is constructed from the section and the
source package name (use 'apt-cache showsrc' if you have deb-src lines
in /etc/apt/sources.list). You'll find testing's version of isag in that
directory, as isag_4.0.6-1_all.deb.

Cheers,