Re: X-server won't start on 3.0

Cuno Sonnemans wrote:
Hi,

I installed Debian 3.0 today, but X won't work. I've put my XF86Config-4 and Log file in the email.
I have an Club3d ATI Radeon 8500 Pro video card.
I hope someone can help me out ???

Cuno

Xfree 4.2.1 supports the following chipsets

(II) RADEON: Driver for ATI Radeon chipsets: ATI Radeon QD (AGP),
        ATI Radeon QE (AGP), ATI Radeon QF (AGP), ATI Radeon QG (AGP),
        ATI Radeon VE QY (AGP), ATI Radeon VE QZ (AGP),
        ATI Radeon Mobility LW (AGP), ATI Radeon Mobility LY (AGP),
        ATI Radeon Mobility LZ (AGP), ATI Radeon 8500 QL (AGP),
        ATI Radeon 8500 QN (AGP), ATI Radeon 8500 QO (AGP),
        ATI Radeon 8500 Ql (AGP), ATI Radeon 8500 BB (AGP),
        ATI Radeon 7500 QW (AGP)

You can get it as a debian package in the unstable distribution, though a few other things may upgrade.