Re: resolv.conf in the DNS server.

On 08 Oct 2002, 09:55:01, Simon Tneoh Chee-Boon wrote:
> If my server is a DNS server itself, should I put its own IP in the resolv.conf file? eg:
> search domain.com
> nameserver 127.0.0.1
> nameserver dns.server.ip1
> nameserver dns.server.ip2

I typically do this, so that any DNS name that the DNS server needs to resolve
repeatedly (such as when converting IP Addresses in logs to DNS names) can
be resolved locally via the cached response.

If you don't do this, apps on the DNS server will repeatedly query it's external
DNS
servers for this info.

--
Doug MacFarlane