Re: mail relay from local to internet

On  0, louie miranda <louie@chikka.com> wrote:
> I have this two mailserver's my 1(mx) connects to the internet directly.
> My 2(mx) is in my local lan. I want to achieve that my 2(mx) will use 1(mx)
> relay and sends email over the internet, recv of email is not my goal just
> sending..
>

> Any info's? or ideas..
>
> sendmail + exim, im using..

Sendmail + exim?  Surely not...

Just use exim.  Set 'host_accept_relay' in exim.conf on box 1 to
include box 2.  Add this to the 'ROUTERS CONFIGURATION' section of
exim.conf on box 2:

smarthost:
  driver = domainlist
  transport = remote_smtp
  route_list = "* box_1.yourdomain bydns_a"

end

It works for me...

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
	- Albert Einstein

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au