Apache problem

I'm having a bit of trouble getting Apache to work in Woody. I can reach it from http://localhost:8080, but I can't get to it from http://<my_ip>:8080. I've allowed incoming connections to the web port 8080 using Guarddog, and I'm fairly positive that is okay. I've also tried port 80 before, so I'm pretty sure that isn't the problem either. Are there any other possible things that could be causing Apache to not allow a connection?

I am behind a router, but I have set up port forwarding for port 8080. Is the router somehow not allowing me to route back to itself? When I type <my_ip> in the address bar of my browser, is it trying to find a webpage on the router instead? This doesn't make sense really, because the only IP I see is the private IP of the router.

Thanks,
David

p.s. Please forward replies to david.grant@telus.net But if not, it doesn't matter, I'll just get it in the digest anyways.