Re: ASUS motherboard

Jim McCloskey wrote:
[cut...]
Can I ask two questions?

1. Is the 2.4.20-pre8-ac2 kernel sturdy enough to function as the
   kernel for a server (mail and web mainly, about 30 users)?

I would say yes. Others may disagree. But you could start out with this kernel on a test machine or something, before putting it on a production server. I would do this for any kernel.

2. Would you be willing to share the config file you used to get UDMA
   support?

you may find it at http://sentinel.dk/config-2.4.20-pre8-ac3

look for options with "IDEDMA" and "SIS5513". These should be the interesting ones.

/frederik