Re: Woody and miscellaneous issues

On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 11:56:55AM -0700, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 07:36:59PM +0100, Paul Lewis wrote:
[..]
> > 	Next, on my old machine I was able to access a remote drive
> > (NFS) on a redhat machine, how can I get this working again before
> > upgrading to Woody I backed up my files to the server, I would like to
> > get them back onto this machine.
>
> First
>
>  # apt-get install nfs-kernel-server
>
> Set up /etc/exports. Also possibly play with /etc/hosts.allow and
> /etc/hosts.deny

This'll set your machine up as an NFS server. As I understand it you
want to be a client of the NFS server running on the RH machine, right?

Modify your /etc/fstab, it should contain a line that goes something
like this:

server:/usr/local/pub /pub nfs rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr

then run 'mount /pub' as root. Voila, you should have 'ls /pub' show the
contents of /usr/local/pub on the servr (RH) machine.

Consult the nfs manpage to find out more (man nfs).

/M

--
Magnus Therning                    (OpenPGP: 0x6A83A7DF)
magnus.therning@wanadoo.nl

Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there
must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable, one on the
far end, and the goat, terminated over the SCSI chain with a silver-handled
knife whilst burning *black* candles.
     -- Anthony DeBoer