[no subject]

I just installed SID with KDE3 and Gnome2 desk tops using kdm as the
display manager I expected there to be a requirement for the use of a
window manager but that never came up. I have enlightenment and metacity
installed also. I have not used KDE for several years and wanted to try
it with all the bells and whistles. It is SLICK but I do not want to use
my system as root all the time. As root it seems to work flawlessly but
that simply makes me nervous!! Any ideas or experiences is appreciated.
I figure I have missed something in the setup, but I do not know what.
Thanks.
John