Re: mgetty hangs machine

also sprach Guy Geens <ggeens@iggyland.com> [2002.10.01.1955 +0200]:
> Most likely a hardware problem. If you have 2 serial ports, try
> connecting the modem to the other one.

Probably. I am having problems dialing out with this machine too.
(http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2002/debian-user-200209/msg01251.html)

> Does this also happen if mgetty is not running?

Nope.

"the sick do not ask
 if the hand that smoothes their pillow is pure,
 nor the dying care
 if the lips that touch their brow have known the kiss of sin."
                                                        -- oscar wilde