Re-broadcasting/caching streaming video

Hi,

I wonder whether there is a solution for this problem:

My wife would like to whatch some sreaming video channel
from the net on her Windows box but unfortunately the
server is quite busy and it is difficult to connect to it.
The only solution seems to be not to let the connection
drop once it has connected.

So I was wondering whether it would be somehow possible to use
my always on Debian box to receive the broadcast and then
stay connected to it, and simulataniouly rebroadcast or unicast it
over the local LAN so that she could connect to my box and whatch
the channel whenever she wants...

On the same note, it would be fantastic if the linux side could
constantly try reconnecting to the Internet source until it succeeds.

Is this possible?

Many thanks for your help in advance!
regards,
Balazs