Re: Sorting locally delivered email using Procmail

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 10:58:01AM -0500, Keith G. Murphy wrote:
> Andy Saxena wrote:
> >Hi,
> >

> >I am trying to use procmail for local delivery. My setup consists of
> >exim and cyrus from sid.
> >

> >SHELL="/bin/sh"
> >DELIVERMAIL="/usr/sbin/cyrdeliver"
> >LOGFILE="$HOME/.maillog"
> >IMAP="$DELIVERMAIL -a andy -q -m andy"
> >LOGABSTRACT="all"
> >VERBOSE="on"
> >
> You might want to try this.  I don't know if it makes any difference or
> not, but cyrdeliver is picky and not well documented, and I notice that
> I always use the userid argument, and it works.  It's a different
> situation, though; I'm using fetchmail for my needs.
>
> IMAP="$DELIVERMAIL -a andy -q -m andy andy"
>                                       ^^^^

No dice. It won't work. By the way, the setup works for me when I get
email from the ISP using fetchmail and deliver it to Cyrus using the
same procmail recipe.

You use fetchmail for local delivery from user A to user B? Could you
please share your Exim and fetchmail setup?

Personally, I think the the problem is in trying to use Exim to deliver
directly to Procmail.

-Andy