Re: Sorting locally delivered email using Procmail

Andy Saxena wrote:
On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 10:58:01AM -0500, Keith G. Murphy wrote:

You might want to try this. I don't know if it makes any difference or not, but cyrdeliver is picky and not well documented, and I notice that I always use the userid argument, and it works. It's a different situation, though; I'm using fetchmail for my needs.

IMAP="$DELIVERMAIL -a andy -q -m andy andy"
                                     ^^^^

No dice. It won't work. By the way, the setup works for me when I get
email from the ISP using fetchmail and deliver it to Cyrus using the
same procmail recipe.

You use fetchmail for local delivery from user A to user B? Could you
please share your Exim and fetchmail setup?

Actually, I just use fetchmail to download from my ISP's POP3 store to my local Cyrus IMAP server (via procmail).

So your situation is completely different. I don't see how you could use fetchmail to do what you are wanting to do.

What happens if you run cyrdeliver manually while logged on as the 'mail' user (assuming your exim is running as that)? You might have some kind of permissions problem. fetchmail is running as root for me, so that's might be why it works for me, but not in the context of exim for you.