Re: X Windows Wont Accept New Font Path

On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 20:47, Thomas H. George,,, wrote:
> I created the directory /usr/local/share/fonts/ttfonts, move the fonts
> from /c/windows/fonts to this directory, ran python mkfontalias.py, grep
> 'iso8859-1"' fonts.alias > new.alias, and ran mv new.alias  fonts.alias
> .  Then  I purged xfs and commented out FontPath unix/;7100 and added
> FontPath /usr/local/share/fonts/ttfonts to XF86Config and rebooted the
> computer.  No ttf fonts.

You're using XF86Config? Are you still running XFree86 3.i?

I've got ttf fonts installed too but I'm also still using xfs. Just
needed to add the fontpath to /etc/X11/fs/config instead.

> I then tried xset fp+ /usr/local/share/fonts/ttfonts and gor Error 82.
>  Does anyone know what this means and/or how to fix the problem?

Just a shot in the dark: do you have the freetype module loaded?

--
Claudio Bley                                 ASCII ribbon campaign (")
Debian GNU/Linux advocate                     - against HTML email  X