X Windows Wont Accept New Font Path

I created the directory /usr/local/share/fonts/ttfonts, move the fonts from /c/windows/fonts to this directory, ran python mkfontalias.py, grep 'iso8859-1"' fonts.alias > new.alias, and ran mv new.alias fonts.alias . Then I purged xfs and commented out FontPath unix/;7100 and added FontPath /usr/local/share/fonts/ttfonts to XF86Config and rebooted the computer. No ttf fonts.

I then tried xset fp+ /usr/local/share/fonts/ttfonts and gor Error 82. Does anyone know what this means and/or how to fix the problem?