Re: Gnome and Sound

    Jerome> 'fuser -v /dev/dsp' return nothing.  Claudio Bley wrote:
    >> On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 15:39, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
    >>
    >>> Bonjour,
    >>>
    >>> I have just configured Gnome on Woody: whereas I can listen to
    >>> my favorite CD with the cdplayer, I can not ear the sound
    >>> events from Gnome (despite the fact that there are allowed via
    >>> the Gnome control center).  I guess I have missed something.

You need to enable the "Settings->Multimedia->Sound:Enable sound
server startup" checkbox.

If it is enabled, esd (the sound server) failed to start. You may try
this manually; just run 'esd &' on a console prompt. Any errors?

Of course, you need to have the esound package installed.

--
Claudio Bley                                 ASCII ribbon campaign (")
Debian GNU/Linux advocate                     - against HTML email  X