Re: Kde or gnome

On Wed, 02 Oct 2002, Shyamal Prasad wrote:

>     Joyce> So, before I do something irreversable, which is the
>     Joyce> preferred desktop ?

>     Joyce> Some peolle seem not to like kde (3) and other seems to
>     Joyce> love it.

>     Joyce> Any advice please ?

I'm using kde 3.0.3 right now and I must say it's really great and
stable. For some reason I never really got into gnome, and since I tried
to upgrade to gnome2, I guess something weird happened to my system, and
now gnome get's stuck for a few minutes on loading the windowmanager (I
suppose this should be a thread in the gnome list:)

If you want speed, try fluxbox, It's also one of my favourites (tabbed
windows for instance), the only thing I don't like is that there isn't a
taskbar (at least, I didn't find one).

Just my 2 cents....:)

--

D.J. Bolderman