Re: NIS problem

Don Hayward said:
> Thanks for the response.
>
> Yes, portmap is running -- at least ps shows it.
> rpcinfo -p hangs and returns no output although lsof -i lists several RPC
> ports in use and I have some nfs volumes mounted.

something is wrong with portmapper then, or theres a firewall
preventing ocmmunication, NIS should start working once you fix
that. that is, when you can do rpcinfo -p and get back results(it
should take less then 1 second) then NIS has a better chance of
working.

any firewall on the system? another thing to try is to shutdown
all rpc services and restart them one at a time running rpcinfo -p
at each stage.

nate