Re: System configuration report?

Hello Grant,

On Oct  2, Grant Edwards <grante@visi.com> wrote:

| I'm looking for something that can be used to generate a report
| documenting a Debian system's configuration:
|
|   Kernel version and configuration
|   Packages (and versions) installed
|   Services enabled in inittab and/or rc files
|   Services enabled in inetd.conf
|
| Does such a thing exist?

Assuming that this isn't already your fallback plan, a script could
(it seems to me) fairly easily be written that could accomplish all of
these things and, say, email it or whatever you want done.

-Jason

--
Jason Wojciechowski==jwojciechowski@hampshire.edu
http://wonka.hampshire.edu/~jason

If a jury in a criminal trial stays out for more than twenty-four hours, it
is certain to vote acquittal, save in those instances where it votes guilty.
		-- Joseph C. Goulden