Re: The Real Problem With Debian

Couldn't help but comment... and in fact this is my first post to this
list :-)

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 02:46:27AM +0200, Alex de Landgraaf wrote:
> You are perfectly right that Debian has a learning curve that is steeper than
> your regular RH/MDK-distro, but for some people other things matter, like
> stability, control and flexibility.

Well, the steep-ness is located differently, I would say... I have
Debian on my desktop at work, but I also have to administrate a RH box.
Debian forces me to use an editor for configuration, but all the
locations make sense; are logical. The GUI tools of RH takes me only
halfway, the rest takes at least a magnitude more time than the whole
thing on Debian.

I switched from Mandrake to Debian... it seems to be a trend that people
'end up' here ;-)

Magnus Therning                    (OpenPGP: 0x6A83A7DF)

Diamondback, the University of Maryland student newspaper, of Tuesday,

One disadvantage of the Univac system is that it does not use Unix, a
recently developed program which translates from one computer language to
another and has a built-in editing system which identifies errors in the
original program.