Re: Console vga mode

Robert Epprecht, 2002-Oct-02 06:35 +0200:
> Jeff <jcoppock1@attbi.com> writes:
>
> > Robert Epprecht, 2002-Oct-01 22:18 +0200:
>
> >> Sometimes I'd like to have the old 80x25 screens back, how?
>
> > At boot, try entering this at the boot prompt:
> >
> > video=vga:off
> >
> > or
> >
> > video=vesa:off
> >
> > This should disable the framebuffer driver altogether and put you at
> > the standard textmode 80x25 display.
>
> Unfortunately both do not change anything here, still 80x30.
>
> Thank you, Robert.

Hmm...if neither setting vga=ask in lilo, and subsequently running
lilo, nor using the above work, then perhaps you can try installing
svgatextmode and use it to set your display.  Once installed, run
SVGATextMode -s to scan and print all available text modes.  Then run
it with the text mode of choice.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer