Re: Mounting SCSI Emulated CD-RW

On Wed, 2002-10-02 at 00:55, BOND ISCT wrote:

> Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0
> Attached scsi CD-ROM sr1 at scsi0, channel 0, id 1, lun 0
> sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 48x/48x cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray
> Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.12
> sr1: scsi3-mmc drive: 32x/32x writer cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray
>

>               I was able to read the contents of cdrom using the command .
>
> mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /cdrom
>

>               By reading the documentation, I came to know that /dev/sg0 can
> be used for cd-writers , but the /dev/sg0 is char device and I donot know
> how to mount it. Can any body help me with mountiing a cd-read write device.

/dev/sg0 is used by cd writing software (such as cdrecord) to access and
control the drive. Mounting a CD in the CDRW drive works exactly like
for CD-ROM drives:

mount -t iso9660 /dev/scd1 /cdrw

HTH
--
Claudio Bley                                 ASCII ribbon campaign (")
Debian GNU/Linux advocate                     - against HTML email  X