From: Matthew Weier O'Phinney [mailto:matthew@weierophinney.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 7:56 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Imap/Samba

-- sdownes <sdownes@cix.co.uk> wrote
(on Tuesday, 01 October 2002, 01:21 PM +0100):
> Thanks pointed me in the right direction. Once I had installed telnet on
> my server I found I could only log in from my windows box by using the IP
> number.
>
> I have noticed before that when I ping from the windows box it shows the
> windows IP number rather than the server IP number. Put it down to a samba

> issue.
>
> If I enter IP numbers instead of server name in Eudora away it goes.
You may need to create a hosts file so that name resolution will work
correctly with Eudora. I believe mine is at C:\windows\hosts. You would
need an entry like:
    192.168.1.2     linuxserver

If the hosts file doesn't exist, just create it. There may be a template
with a different extension there for you to use, also. Try it and see if
it solves your Eudora issues.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney