Re: java applets & mozilla

On  0, Mirek Dobsicek <m.dobsicek@sh.cvut.cz> wrote:
> Hi,
> how can I make java applets working in mozilla?
> I'm running Sarge .. mozilla 1.0, jdk1.1
> Java is enabled in mozilla.
>
> When I'm googling it always lead me to download JRE1.4
> from SUN pages ...
> the plugin is not a part of jdk1.1?
> any special package needed?

That depends on which java applets you want to run.  1.1 applets will
run with the plugin from jdk1.1 (although I don't think kaffe comes
with a plugin, if that's what you're using).  I'd recommend the
jdk1.3.1 packages from Sun or Blackdown (also heard good things about
1.3.1 from IBM).

Tom
--
Tom Cook

Never argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au