Re: KDE helloworld.cpp

On Tue, 2002-10-01 at 20:42, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 01:36:57PM +1200, John Batistic wrote:
> > Is .profile normally ignored?
>
> 'man bash', and read the INVOCATION section carefully. I bet you're
> using an X terminal emulator that doesn't spawn a login shell, so you
> should be looking at something other than .profile.
>

> Colin Watson                                  [cjwatson@flatline.org.uk]

Yes

As 'Shaleh' pointed out in the man page, bash checks  commmands from the
file /etc/profile, if that file exists.  After reading that file, it
looks for ~/.bash_profile, ~/.bash_login, and ~/.profile, in  that
order, and reads and executes commands from the first one that exists
and is readable.

~.bash_profile is the relevant file in my system and if I add
export QTDIR=/usr/share/qt to .bash_profile, QTDIR is correctly defined
in my environment variables, but that fixes only part of the problem.

I have listed my source, makefile and make output in another posting

John Batistic