Re: Problems with simplest network !!!

* Sergio Mendoza <sergio@astroscu.unam.mx> [01-10-2002 00:08]:
>   Have two i386 computers running Debian.  Computer A has two network
> cards: eth0 (XXX.XXX.X.X) and eth1 (192.168.0.1).
> eth0 is connected to the internet and eth1 is supposed to connect to
> an internal network (192.168.0.0).  The netmask for both is 255.255.255.0.
> eth0 works absolutely perfect!

- Is a hardware/cable problem out of the question? Two nics
  connected directly usually need a cross-cable. When you use a hub,
  you need two normal cables.

- What does route tell you? I always add an explicit route manually
  when I have connection problems. Once it works, I try to have the
  startup scipts reflect what I did.

- Personally I find examining output of ifconfig or route easier
  than looking at your config-files.

Bob