Re: Promise Ultra133tx2 Cotroller Card Problem.

>        I use the Prose Tech. Ultra133tx2 IDE Controller Card to interface
> with my Hard Drive.  I have been unable to get Debian to install and I cant
> find any information on how to resolve this issue.  Can you offer any
> suggestions?

I've been using this card for over a month now, no problems. The trick is
to download the patch from the Promise website (last time I checked, there
was one for 2.4.18 and 2.4.19), download the kernel source, and then patch
it. Follow the instructions in the patch file.

One thing to note: I am not booting from a drive attached to the
Ultra133tx2, but from a drive attached to the built in controller. This
actually works out ok for me, as I have a seperate drive for /home

HTH,

Andrew