Re: Promise Ultra133tx2 Cotroller Card Problem.

OvErRiTe2@aol.com wrote:
I use the Prose Tech. Ultra133tx2 IDE Controller Card to interface with my Hard Drive. I have been unable to get Debian to install and I cant find any information on how to resolve this issue. Can you offer any suggestions?
                                     -Chris Schiffner
                                       overrite2@aol.com

Does Debian show a /dev/hde during install (or hdg depending on the IDE chain you are using on the Promise card)? This is where my HD showed up on my Promise Ultra100tx2 the other day... For some reason Linux insisted on detecting both my on-board controllers even though I had them turned off in the BIOS. I just installed to /dev/hde and everything worked OK.

BTW, keep at least one CDROM active on your on-board controller if you plan on installing via CD.

Cheers,
-Don Spoon-