Re: latex2e.fmt not found by xemacs

Thanks for the suggestion.  It turns out that tetex-extra is
installed. In any case, the thing is working now, I don't know why:
perhaps because the machine was rebooted. I wouldn't have thought
that after texconfig one would have to reboot the machine. It it
troubling to find that xemacs does not automatically link latex2e
to tex and link latex2e.fmt to latex.fmt since the tex.el requires
this.

Sebastian.