Re: Defeting Crappy Bios

Compaqs tend to be problematic.  I've worked with several (starting in
1984 with an 8086 DeskPro) and have run into problems of some sort with
every one.  If you can get to the BIOS setup, possibly you can
configure it to boot to a CD-ROM or hard drive.  Try hitting the F10
key during the boot process.

Friends don't let friends buy Compaq.