Re: alsa help needed desperately!

Hi!

Hmm, I think the problem is that your alsa channels are *muted* by
default and you need a suitable mixer application to change the
volume... there also seems to be a mixer setup problem at my machine
here *g*, but at least I can use the kde mixer, when oss mixer
emulation is loaded (module snd-mixer-oss). Maybe you could try
alsamixer from alsa-utils, I think it's even got a little "GUI". Note
that you'll also need the snd-pcm-oss module if you want to use
programs which need the old oss sound system.

Regards,

Stephan