Re: A Better XTerm?

Josh Rehman wrote:
I'm looking for a better XTerm. I'm using Konsole right now (the one
that KDE uses by default).
The thing that I really want is the ability to horizontally scroll. The
commands "top" and "ps -aux" often create very wide output, and I'd like
to see it all. (I've been making the font very small as a workaround).
And if it's not asking too much, the ability to rename each session.

I'm using Multi-Gnome-Terminal. You can of course simply resize the terminal to accodmoate wide output such as ps and top that you mentioned (resize BEFORE running the command). It also has a nice tabbed interface for having multiple sessions open without taking up lots of screen space -- sometimes handy if you want to peek at something occasionally but don't need it right up front. It also has a nice "title" button that lets you rename each tab, and the title bar changes according to which is active.

It does other neat stuff like background transparency and such, but I don't use those features much.

- Bob