Re: Newbie question

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 07:51:04AM +0200, Koen Niehof wrote:
> How do I get to the screen where I can login as root? Now I get the graphical
> login screen and I can't login as root. When I try to setup my ADSL connection
> to the internet the pppoeconf program tells me I have to become root first.
> When I open a window and type the command su root then I'm root, but still this
> pppoeconf tells me I have to become root. I want to login as root so I can
> setup my ADSL connection. Or is there an other way to do this?

more info in the sig, below:

--
I use Debian/GNU Linux version 2.2;
Linux server 2.2.17 #1 Sun Jun 25 09:24:41 EST 2000 i586 unknown

DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #25 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
:
Did you know you have MORE THAN ONE CONSOLE to use? There's
six, by default: try Control-Alt-F6 to see console six,
Ctl-Alt-F3 for console 3, and so forth. (If you don't use the X
window display system, you don't need to include the control
key. If you do have X running, you can return to it from any
console via Alt-F7, unless you've changed the defaults.) Each
console can have its own login, running its own jobs. Very
handy!