Virtual Host set up problem

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I've set up a Debian Server running Apache with 2 network cards - one for internal, one for external. The system works perfectly when I set up just one domain.

When I go to set up ip-based virtual hosting, I've followed these steps:

1) set up the additional ips in /etc/network/interfaces and restart networking - everything seems OK.
2) set up the virtual servers in /etc/apache/httpd.conf - both websites are set up as virtual that I want to host. The main server isn't visible to the net.
3) change /etc/hosts to contain the ips and hostnames required

The result is that the virtual host works for only one site.  The only thing I see that could be the problem is that running ifconfig - the virtual ip numbers don't show, but they are in the network interfaces file.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Brian